Advanced Microwave Engineering
- Microwave circuit analysis: Impedance and inductance matrices, Scattering parameters, Discontinuities and modal analysis, Excitation of waveguides
- Microstrip and stripline transmission lines: Effective dielectric constant, Propagation constant, Attenuation constant, High frequency effects, Dispersion
- Other planar transmission lines: Coupled lines, Coplanar Waveguide, Slot line, Coplanar strip, Substrate integrated waveguide (SIW)
- Microwave resonators: Transmission line resonators, Dielectric resonators, Rectangular resonators, Circular resonators, Perturbation method for calculating the resonance frequency
- Microwave filters: Periodic structures, Image parameter method, Insertion loss method, Filter transformations, Richard transformation, Invertors, Stepped impedance filter, Coupled line filters, Waveguide filters
- Linear microwave analysis: Finite difference method, Conformal mapping, Moment method Transverse resonance technique
- Nonlinear microwave analysis: Harmonic balance method, Volterra series Method
- Meta materials: Definition of Metamaterial (Left handed media), Experimental Demonstrations of Left-Handedness, LC Network Implementation
Assignment 1, Assignment 2, Assignment 3, Assignment 4 , Assignment 5 , Assignment 6
- Microwave Engineering, D. M. Pozar, 3rd Ed., 2005
- Foundations for Microwave Engineering, R. E. Collin, 2nd Ed., 1992
- Foundations of Microstrip Circuit Design, T. Edwards.
- Microwave Engineering Using Microstrip Circuits, E.H. Fooks.
- Analysis Methods for RF, Microwave and Milimeter Wave Planar Transmission Line Structures, C. Nguyen.
- Microwave Engineering, P. A. Rizzi, 1988
- Microwave Engineering and Applications, O. P. Gandhi, 1989, Pergamon Press
- Advanced Microwave Engineering, R. Chatterjee, 1988
- Microwave Solid State Circuit Design, I. Bahl and P. Bhartia, 2nd Ed., 2003, John Wiley
Fields and Waves Electromagnetics